1. Personal Data. We collect particular personal data, including but not limited to name, address, E-mail address, user identification, social security number, and taxpayer identification numbers by asking you to provide it to us. We do not sell or disclose your individual personal data to unrelated parties. Your personal data will be used only as explained below. You are not required to provide this data. If you choose to disclose it, you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Statement. However, certain personal information is necessary if you wish use functions of our web site. If you choose not to submit the personal information, you will not be able to use those functions or services available online.
2. Statistical Data about Your Visit. When you visit our web site, our computer system(s) can automatically collect statistical data about your visit. This data does not identify you personally but identifies information about the visit to our web site. Some of this data is what you send to us and the remainder is what we collect through the use of ‘cookies’ (small data files are written on your hard drive when you visit a web site), which, for example, allow us to track data about how the web site is used; where you go and how long you stay. We may monitor statistical data, such as how many people visit our web site, the user’s IP address, the web pages people visit, from which domains our visitors come from, and the browsers people use. We use statistical data about your visit to our web site for aggregation purposes only. This statistical data is used to help CAVU improve the performance of our web site.
3. Security of Personal Data. STC has implemented reasonable technical and organizational procedures intended to provide security of your personal information from unauthorized access, use, altercation or disclosure, and accidental loss. But STC cannot guarantee unauthorized third parties will never be able to beat those procedures or use your personal information.
4. Use of Personal Data. In addition to enabling the business transactions processed on the STC web site, we will use the personal information we collect only as follows:
5. Sending updates and responses. Generally, we send a response to E-mail questions, requests for product or service information, and other inquiries we receive. Also, we may keep this correspondence to improve our products, services, and web site, and for other disclosed purposes. Often, we keep contact data in order to send individuals updates or other important information about our products and services.
6. Facilitating the support, renewal, and purchase of our products and services. STC may use the data you submit to contact you for the purposes of discussing the support, renewal, and purchase of our products and services.
7. Disclosure by Law and Protection of STC and Others. If required by law to disclose certain information to local, state, federal, national or international government or law enforcement authorities, we will do so. We will also disclose information to third parties as necessary in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, we may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud, or enforce or apply STC’s agreements.
8. Surveys. Periodically, STC will request information from customers via surveys. Participation in these surveys is absolutely voluntary and the user has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Survey data will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with this web site, and improving our customer service and product offerings.
9. Your Ability to Opt-Out of Further Notifications. Periodically our subscribers are notified of new products, announcements, upgrades and updates. Should you wish to opt-out of being notified, please contact us at the address given at the end of this Privacy Statement.